Help us to help you
We want to know about what works in your newsroom and for your community.
We want to understand the organisations that you look to as examples of engaged journalism — be it newsrooms, local initiatives, national campaigns or other community groups.
We also want to know about your frustrations and the stuff that holds you back from taking an engaged journalism approach to your work.
Our short survey will hopefully tell us all of that. It should only take five minutes and will really help shape the Accelerator and its outcomes.
As well as our survey, we will:
- Speak to as many people as possible who practice engaged journalism in Europe (Are you someone we should talk to? Email us)
- Keep our eyes and ears open for people and organisations we haven’t come across (Know someone smart? Tell us)
- Visit newsrooms that already work closely with their communities to find out how others can learn from them (If you’d be happy to host us, drop us an email)
It’s not just journalists we’re looking to speak to. We also want to hear from people working in:
- journalism and media academia/research
- subscription or event marketing
- media law (in areas such as intellectual property, GDPR and copyright)
- HR and finance
- business development
- product development
- citizen engagement and community collaboration
- behaviour and culture change
Many of the pioneers of engaged journalism struggle in these areas so your input is just as vital as that of the people producing stories. If you know someone that fits the bill, send this post onto them and ask that they get in touch.
When we’ve spoken to as many of you as we can, we’ll share what we have learned and explain the next steps of the Accelerator.